Friday, May 4, 2012

Never leave a man behind

I title this the marine motto; I feel you will understand later.

One of my better qualities is and probably will always be caring about other people. I get a lot of credit from my friends on the idea of acceptance. They will tell you I am the most forgiving and overlooking friend they have. The truth may simply be that I am not. I am full of prejudices, and stereotypes. I am the first to judge. My personal goal is to break this though; each new person I meet brings a new perspective; I get to know them and I respect them.
We are all a judging society. Most don't bother to take the chance to get to know people. There was a point I didn't either. As a result; my friends aren't just like me. I have friends from all backgrounds. They each have their own flaws. Some of these things drive me nuts! But I love them just the same.
You can judge someone based on so many things; but you can also be the person who says wow they are weird, I wonder what their story is. When you learn about a person you are learning about yourself. You are learning to accept another group who you may have had no idea about who they are. When they mess up; remember who they are. Understand what they are going through before you decide to be judgmental and join the group of people against them once again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being my friend. :) I respect you too much to judge you.

    ReplyDelete