Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It has been a year?!?

A year ago today, Brett went to jail. I told him good luck, and kissed him goodbye for the last time I would be able to kiss him in a little over two months. Then, we had only been together for about two months. I promised him I would be here for him no matter what; I didn't promise him we would still be together.
Today, we are engaged. I am five months pregnant, and we are expecting our first. Today, parole is over and probation starts, although I don't think anything changes. We have made it through the mountain loads of crap over the last year. However; our battles are still not over, now they have shifted from being related to his past, to being related to our present and our family. I am proud of where we are today, yet we are still struggling. 
I really hope that something good happens for the two of us. But, we have our small blessing of our family, and we have each other. 

1 comment: