Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year, New Beginnings

A new year, new beginnings.
While this new year comes with problems all of its own, I feel relieved to put the problems of last year behind me in my past, and look forward to the future.
This past year was full of unexpected twists and turns, ones I expected, ones I didn't and a few I don't think I would be who I am without.

I started this post a few days ago, now I look back at it and have a lot more to say.

Some things are indeed worth fighting for, they are worth the energy and frustration of fighting. Giving up is the final option, and we should never feel it is the only option when something matters to us as people. The easy way out is to lay down and take what is thrown your way, or quit all together, but it is not what is for the best. Never take the easy way out. Never let people walk all over you because you feel it is easier than fighting and faster. Fight for everything you love and care about, never give up, never give in.

You were so tempted to lay down and take whatever life threw your way, you were so tempted to take whatever was given and accept it as fact. I don't care what happens, never take credit for something you did not do that is going to ruin your life further than it already is destroyed. Fight with all you fucking have. This does not define you, I wish I could stress that enough. This too shall pass, and I don't care if it is faster to accept what is given and bite your lip, it isn't really beneficial, fight with everything you have in you, if you lose appeal the fuck out of it, never give up. I realize fighting the system is not going to be easy, but you shouldn't need to accept it as a fact when it is a lie.
I love you. We have eachother, we will fight this, together.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. The new year does come with alot of problems itself. It is great to be able to put the past year's issues behind, but something that sucks is that some of the past year's issues tag along into the new year. I'm happy for you tho Ames. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the very least one step closer to putting the messes and mistakes in our lives behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know and I'm very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete