Thursday, December 1, 2011

The sound of my cell

When my phone rings and vibrates like crazy,
My heart stops momentarily.
Somehow some way I just wish it were you,
I don't care how likely it is to be you.
When I look down and see it is you,
I get nervous and butterflies in my stomach,
I forget everything I wanted to tell you.
All that comes out is "I love you."
I guess that is what is most important,
I guess that is all I can deal with,
I always get butterflies when I am around you,
I have no idea why,
Yet it isn't like I am nervous to be near you,
Or that I try to impress you,
I just can't figure out how I deserve someone,
Who treats me like you treat me.
Like I am perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Not really liking it as a poem, but I needed to write. :) So, thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. It doesn't matter if it is a poem, a song, a random post or whatever, the point is that you write about it and it makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write A LOT, it really does help. Plus Brett gets a letter thats usually 2-3 pages long everyday. Now if I only had that kind of ambition to do school work. l

    ReplyDelete