Thursday, March 22, 2012

Poems, constructed this week, for class and a reject.

Five Senses
Summer
Smells like fresh cut grass.
Feels like a raspy bale of hay.
Looks like an inviting pool.
Sounds like fireworks.
Tastes like ice cream.


If I were…
If I were a frog,
I would spend all day in the water.
I would fall asleep on a lily pad.
I would play leapfrog with a friend.
When I tired, I would lay in the sun.

___ is…
Happiness is accepting the past.
Happiness is looking forward to tomorrow.
Happiness is smiling when you want to cry.
Happiness is seeing the good side in people.
Happiness is what allows you to get through the bad.

Haiku
The wind softly blows,
Through the leaves on the tree tops,
As the birds scatter.



Limerick

No one is really sure who,
But, the monster popped out and said “Boo!”
He came out of nowhere!
It was quite a scare!
Then the monster screamed “I want to play with you!”

Color
Red is radiant.
Orange is original.
Yellow is yesterday.
Green is great!
Blue is beautiful.
Indigo is interesting.
Violet is valuable.

Cinquain
Candy
Sweet and sour,
As I eat it I smile.
It tastes so good as I swallow,
Gummies.



I used to…/ But then…
I used to see the glass half empty,
but now I see it half full.
I used to get mad at everything,
but now, I let it go.
I used to want perfection,
but now I am happy with good enough.

Diamante

Outside
fun, bright
changing, exciting, playing
sun, bikes, crayons, rules
boring, constricting, reading,
same, lazy
Inside

 
 

Love is not knowing the future,

but staying anyways.
Love is supporting each other,
but disagreeing sometimes.
Love is not perfect, nor easy;
but it is through thick and thin. 
 (this one got left out of my ones for class.)



No comments:

Post a Comment