Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Experiences.

I should be writing a paper that is due in a few hours, but I have a lot on my mind, and reading about Native American religion isn't one of the things. Yesterday (or the day before..) I posted about "summer vacations" and how the experiences I had growing up seem to be nothing like peers of mine here at college. Today, I had a moment I had to laugh at.


"Imagine when you were in high school, you're standing in the middle of the hall, on one side of you is the "preps" and the other side is the dark gothic kids. Imagine how school uniforms would fix this problem."
Okay for starts, I suppose you can say I hung out with the "gothic kids with their band tees" and I still talked to the "preps" because I had classes with them, maybe it is a result of a small school and knowing everyone, I talked to almost anyone in high school unless I had a reason why I didn't like them, some of those reasons were stupid sure, but I don't know that uniforms are this quick fix, lets think of personalities. I am a kept to myself person about my life, and I tend to have a flat expression. The "goth kids" tend to be quiet and kept to themselves, and "preps" tend to be omg soo happy like O m G!


School uniforms aren't a terrible idea, I would have hated them in school, I caught enough hell on days I dyed my hair green or pink. However, the "cliques" will always exist because friendships are more often formed on personality than clothes. First impressions are based on looks, but I have met plenty of attractive guys and pretty girls I could not stand. And I have met some who are really ugly and made wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment