Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Patriotism

I have become one of the most patriotic people in the last few years and honestly it has nothing to do with thinking the U.S has such great policies or that we always do the right things as a country, actually its the dead opposite. It comes down to my wonderful friends, friends of friends and people I know who are serving this country even if they don't agree with whats going on, they are fighting for our freedom and to allow us to take advantage of being "free." Our rights maybe give us too much freedom, sure criticize whoever you want, with your friends and family. Criticize the president, our military (I won't like it,but.) but do it with a bit of respect. The presidents doing the best he can and at one point most people liked him or we wouldn't be calling him the president, as for our military? Our military is the reason you have the right to say "fuck the military" if you want to bitch do it, you want to have anti war protests do it. Don't go protest funerals, or a whole group of military families should come protest yours because your religion sucks. Just don't bitch about the military to me. 

I also know for the matter that I have people I talk to and follow me on here roughly that are not from the United States, I do not mind one bit, do not be offended that my blog seems very patriotic at times, it is a matter of my military blood if you can say. I grew up knowing my father was in the army, as I got older I also learned both of my grandparents had served, one Navy, one Air Force. My dads uncle, the only one we really heard stories about was also in the military but I don't remember what branch. Now, I have friends and acquaintances in the military as well.  My brothers in the Marines, my best friend is in the Navy. I am a patriotic person because I love the people serving this country, and because I am glad to say I know them. If you don't live in this country I do not care one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment