Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pet names

I love pet names, don't get me wrong. But, I love them when they are part of a relationship. I am not sure why men feel they have a right to call anyone they want sexy or baby. Honestly yes some girls LOVE it and we all love a compliment, however to me this is not a compliment. If I'm not in an intimate relationship with you do not call me those things.  If I am in an intimate relationship with someone and someone else calls me these things it is insulting. I have a few friends who this does not apply to, my one friend and I call each other sexy all the time, its a joke between us and it means nothing since we do not even share the same sexual orientation. However, the fact of the matter is the right to call me that is something you earn, I have dated a guy who was never allowed to call me baby because it pissed me off. 
Some girls will love pet names from total strangers, personally I feel you need to earn the right to call me them, a few very very close friends and whomever I may be in a relationship with is as far as that extends. Other than that do not call me them I find it disrespectful and it frankly pisses me off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment