Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fire alarms

 I hate fire alarms, I have for about... six years or better? We went to my sisters for thanksgiving one year somehow the fire alarm got set off, we won't go there on how, my sister and her husband might kill each other over it still, (LOL) well the alarm went off for like four hours straight. 

I'm writing in a "fiery" color. The building I live in has a nasty habit of having a million fire alarms, usually at times that will simply piss a person off. We were having about 2 a week at least for a while, then one night we had some geniuses play with fire extinguishers at four a.m.. That night we got thrown out of here totally until noon the next day, ended up sleeping in the pews of the chapel on campus. More fire alarms happened. Eventually, they seemed to stop.
Last week there was on in the morning at about seven which I was somewhat pissed off about at first, but I grabbed my ipod and started an email reply to a friend. I finished it when we came in. The fire company took nine minutes to get here that day, they hate us. Well I came in to find a variety of people I wished to speak to on-line and talking to me, so I just stayed up and enjoyed some friends I usually don't have a chance to talk to. 
Last night, was another fire alarm, it was warm out, it was only about 845 or so, not a huge deal. Well, after sitting outside for some time as usual the fire trucks left with their sirens on, another call, and we assumed pissed like usual. The ice cream truck decided to drive up and down the street continually, its like 9 at night and its Monday, what the heck? Come to find out the first time ever, no one was trying to cook, or make ramen without water, or even burn popcorn. Also, no one pulled any alarms, or played with any fire extinguishers. It wasn't set off by dust or hair straighteners either.  
It was rather amusing, the building actually almost did catch on fire because of a fan over heating and everyone was laughing and smiling about it when we came back in, its amazing how you get so used to stupidity for once when it's serious it's nice to know that its not just an idiot being dumb.  

1 comment:

  1. haha thats funny...the fireman at our Thanksgiving party...I still say there was something on the burner that caused the smoke:)

    ReplyDelete