Wednesday, April 6, 2011



I am a country fan, I have a huge variety in my tastes in music, so Itunes goes on shuffle and whatever plays plays part of the time I have no idea whats playing the other part of the time I am singing along to whatever comes on. I have about 11,000 songs, I like change. This song just came on, and I know every word to it, but its meaning has changed over the years. 
When 9/11 happened and "the world stopped turning," I was in 5th grade I don't know where I was exactly when it happened I know that everyone was acting strange and before lunch we got sat down and told that something terrible had happened and they had crashed a plane into a building and another somewhere else. At the time it was shock I don't remember even having a reaction. I remember my parents just watching the television when we got home and my parents eventually turning it off and telling us we weren't allowed to watch tv after a while because all there was on every channel was the towers crashing.  
Now, I understand more than I did then for sure, I am now a sophmore in college and my biggest fears include who is going to end up in one of the countries we are currently in, I have friends in the military and my brothers in the Marines, which one of the people who is close to me is going to end up where next? I never seem to know and neither do they.  So, I wish I still had the innocence I did in 5th grade, where I had no idea what was even going on, I never knew it would affect who I am as a person so much.
I felt the need to write this when the song came on, so I looked it up on youtube to share with you all. Well, I am truly saddened by what freedom of speech has come to mean in todays society.  But that is a discussion for another day, for now I shall smile and be thankful for my heroes. 

Thank you to all of those serving, and making a difference in the world. Even if you are complaining you are bored sitting on base, I would still rather you be there, and yes I understand it is boring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment