Monday, April 4, 2011

Origami - Intro

If you know me at all you probably know I am a very crafty person, I like to do anything thats hands on and requires a bit of patience even though I have little most of the time. I like to be challenged. I love origami, my mother hates that she never has any post it notes unless she goes out of her way to buy some that aren't 100% square because if she has them I will fold them. I do mostly modular origami and I find myself folding almost any time I have something square in front of me. It used to be somewhat of a joke when we only had one computer in our house and we would share it, my mom would go to get a piece of paper to write a note on and she'd discover that I turned the stack of post-its into a sonobe ball. After a while, I think she got sick of it, and bored, I guess I should start this again with a new type of thing. In this post I will show some things I have made, but won't go into detail on anything these are things I have made in the past but haven't worked on recently.

12 units

This is one that is a bit different because theres two different pieces.

Phizz units X 12

Stellated Icosahedron. This was not fun to put together at all. 

Phizz units X30

12 units

again two types of units

12 units

These are a bit different theres 2 shapes, but still the same basis, I don't know what it is called but it is in this book- all of these which are "different" are found in this book LOVE IT: 

Cube

Ray cube

tetrahedral frames

The first "bigger" thing I ever made, made this in origami club. 30 units 

This is 12 "interlocking cubes" this was the final thing I worked on in origami club in high school. 

These are both made of the same units, one on the rights 3 units and the right is 12

This when I took these pictures was about all I had attempted, the collection sure has grown since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment